We have a super September fun week ahead in the Gardens. We’ve made this easy list to help you plan for the week and which event or program to attend.
barre3 FREE Community Workout
- The Devon Lawn, 6-7pm
- Bring mat, water and lots of energy!
Barre3 returns to the Gardens for another season of FREE community outdoor fitness. Barre3 mixes athleticism, grace, and the latest innovations designed to balance the body. FINAL workout is Monday, October 8 from 6 to 7 p.m.
Howl at the Moon
- Sponsored by Midtown Vets
- Dog Park, 8-10pm
- FREE, suggested for ages 21 and older
Want to socialize with your pooch? Join us once a month on Monday’s in the Myriad Gardens Dog Park for beers, corn hole and fun for both the owners and the dogs. Kona Ice Moore will be onsite for beverage purchases throughout the evening.
This month is obedience night. Sydney Head from Full Circle Obedience will be onsite to train your pooch’s basic commands. Dogs must have proof of vaccinations in order to participate. DJ Brian Smith with muttradio.com will provide your tunes for the evening.
Little Saplings Series
- Every other Tuesday
- September 11 & 25, 10 – 11am
- Children’s Garden Porch (North lobby in inclement weather)
- Member $3; Nonmember $4
- Best for ages 2 to 5
- Register by Friday
Join us in the Children’s Garden for an hour of songs, games, and interactive nature fun. Toddlers (and parents!) will get to learn about the exciting world of gardens in an engaging and educational way. Each week features a new theme with corresponding activities and learning opportunities. Every Little Saplings event begins with a song, ends with a sensory bin, and includes a hands-on craft.
Yoga in the Gardens
Give-away sponsor Athleta
- Tuesdays, 5:45pm
- Tuesdays, 5:45pm. Late arrivals not accepted after 5:50pm
- Members $5; Nonmembers $10
- Check-in at the north lobby to receive your wrist band
- Must be 16 and older
This is an all-levels class. Class participants should bring a yoga mat and water. Meet in the south lobby for check-in each week. Drop in for a session or two or enjoy the entire series.
Flight of the Butterflies Outdoor Screening
Sponsored by Tinker Federal Credit Union
Partners include Okies for Monarchs and The Oklahoma Nature Conservancy
- Wednesday, September 12, 6-9pm (moved from Thursday, September 6 due to rain)
- The Devon Lawn
- All ages welcome
Educational and entertaining, this movie showing includes fun before the movie starts – how to plant and maintain a pollinator garden to attract butterflies to your yard, kids’ crafts, face painting, food trucks and more. Visit the various booths and then settle in to watch a screening of the Flight of the Butterflies and see that the monarch butterfly is a true marvel of nature. Follow the monarch’s perilous journey and experience millions of them in the remote mountain peaks of Mexico.
Oklahoma Shakespeare in the Park: Richard III
- September 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, 8pm
- Water Stage at Myriad Gardens
- Tickets range from $15-20. For ticket information visit here.
- Gardens members receive 2 non-transferable tickets to one showing. Show your membership card at the will call table. Tickets available at the box office only. Become a member today!
Latin Food, Dance and Mariachi Fest
- Friday, September 14, 7-11pm
- Presented with help from Tango PR
- Seasonal Plaza and Park House Event Center
- Music and outdoor activities FREE
- VIP Area inside the Park House Event Center Member: $25. Ages 21 & Up
- REGISTER HERE
Come enjoy a FREE mariachi concert under the stars as we kick off Hispanic Heritage month at the Gardens. Visit our food trucks onsite or enjoy a savory snack from Pitchfork in the Park. We will have lawn games and beverages for purchase from Double Shot Bar Services. Take it up a notch with a VIP ticket, guests will have access to the Park House Event Center that will include: a private bar, tequila and food samples from some of the best Hispanic restaurants in OKC.
Family Workshop: Mushrooms and Gnomes in the Gardens
- Saturday, September 15, 1-2pm
- Member $6; Nonmember $8
- Best for ages 6 to 10
- REGISTER HERE
Learn all about mushrooms in this crafty and hands-on class. We’ll learn about the basic types of mushrooms and where they grow. Then we’ll finish by making mushrooms and gnomes out of recycled materials, making a little scene to take home and display in a garden or window. If the weather is right, we’ll also go on a mushroom hunt.
Wiggle Out Loud
- September 17, 11am-6pm
- The Devon Lawn/Bandshell