Children’s Garden Festival
Journey into the wonderful land of imagination and mischief at the Myriad Gardens’ annual Children’s Garden Festival, Friday, June 7 to Sunday, June 16, 2019, 10am-5pm daily. The Children’s Garden is transformed into a world of Wild Things as we celebrate the 50th year of one of America’s most beloved children’s books. Enjoy crafts, activities and imaginative displays that will capture the essence of all things “Wild.”
Cost is $8 per person, includes a free ride on Mo’s Carousel. Ages 2 and under are free. Gardens’ members are free and get to skip the line! Become a member today.
Sponsored by Devon Energy, E.L. and Thelma Gaylord Foundation, Tinker Federal Credit Union, Express Employment International, and Goldfish Swim School.
“There are no ideas too wild and no dreams too big.”
Children’s Garden Festival: Sensory Night sponsored by Sprouts
- Friday, June 14, 6-7:30 pm
- Children’s Garden
- $10 per member participant, adults FREE
- $12 per non-member per participant, adults FREE
- REGISTER HERE
An event for families with children with special needs, join us inside the Children’s Garden for Where the Wild Things Are Sensory Night. This event provides a more controlled and welcoming environment to experience our Children’s Garden Festival. No loud music and smaller crowds. We will have festive booths, crafts, and activities for everyone to enjoy.
- Story Time, 11-11:30 am
- Join the Wild Rumpus, 1 pm
- A different craft each day
- Face Painting, ranging from $5 to $10
- Create your wild animal mask designed by artist Patrick Riley, $6
- Wiggly Wolf Kid’s Yoga, Monday, June 10, 2-3 pm
- Bring mat and dress as your favorite woodland creature or animal
- Patrick Riley Mask Making Demonstration, Wednesday, June 12, 2-3 pm
- Home School Day, Thursday, June 13, 10 am-5 pm
- Wild Hair with Paul Mitchell Hair Salon, Thursday, June 13 11 am-1 pm
- Wild Dad Day Sunday, June 16, Dad’s get in FREE
- Oklahoma City Zoo Wild Things, 1-3pm
EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCES (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
- Where the Wildlife Are, June 8, 11 am-12 pm
- The Books of Maurice Sendak, June 11, 2-3 pm
- Super Silly Monster Fun, June 13, 2-3 pm
- Wild Plants, June 14, 1-2 pm
- Painting in the Gardens with Wine and Palette: Retro Owl, Saturday, June 15, 2-4pm
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Seeking volunteers to work these shifts: Saturdays and Sundays, June 8 & 9, 15 & 16, 9:15am | 12pm | 2:30pm
- Assist with free and paid crafts
- Storytime reading to children
- Manning festival entrance and exit gates and stamping hands for re-entry
- Overseeing game and sensory areas
- Roamers to ensure the festival is overall running smoothly
No heavy lifting!
Pick a day and time that fits your schedule Signup online here
For questions, email Lindsay Dennis at firstname.lastname@example.org