SEPTEMBER IN THE GARDENS
Yoga in the Gardens
Give-away sponsor Athleta
- Tuesdays, 5:45pm
- Tuesdays, 5:45pm. Late arrivals not accepted after 5:50pm
- Members $5; Nonmembers $10
- Check-in at the north lobby to receive your wrist band
- Must be 16 and older
This is an all-levels class. Class participants should bring a yoga mat and water. Meet in the south lobby for check-in each week. Drop in for a session or two or enjoy the entire series.
Oklahoma Shakespeare in the Park presents “Hamlet”
- September 14-30, 8pm (Thursdays-Saturdays)
- Oklahoma Shakespeare in the Park
- Water Stage
Growing Your Fall Garden
- Thursday, September 20, 6-8pm
- Member $10; Nonmember $12
- Dale Spoonemore, From Seed to Spoon
- REGISTER HERE
In this class, From Seed to Spoon creator, Dale Spoonemore will guide you in growing the highest quality produce in cooler temperatures. He will also demonstrate helpful techniques in growing and harvesting a backyard garden with ease. Once you begin to immerse yourself in the joys of autumn gardening, you may extend your growing season every year.
Fall Fairy Fashion
- Saturday, September 22, 10-11am
- Member $4; Nonmember $5
- Best for ages 5 to 9
- REGISTER HERE
Fairies are known for their great style, and fall fairies are especially colorful! Join us on the Autumn Equinox as we create our very own fall fairies from natural materials. We will read a fairy book for fashion inspiration, then head out for a walk around the Children’s Garden to collect materials to create our fabulous fairies. Costumes welcome!
Harvesting and Preserving Herbs
- Saturday, September 22, 10am-Noon
- Member $14; Nonmember $19
- Lori Coats, My Raggedy Herbs
- REGISTER HERE
Have you ever planted a few herbs and then wondered what to do with them after they matured? Join Lori Coats, Backyard Kitchen Gardener and owner of My Raggedy Herbs, and learn how stress-free it is to harvest and preserve your bounty. No more wasting your precious produce! Discover fun tips and useful techniques for drying, freezing and utilizing the herbs that you have grown.
Myriad Gardens Signature Concert featuring Parker Millsap
Sponsored by Ad Astra Foundation
- The Devon Lawn and Band Shell
- Saturday, September 29
- Chase Kerby and the Villains 7:30 p.m.
- Headliner Park Millsap 9 p.m.
- FREE, All ages welcome
- VIP Tickets $35: receive one drink ticket and appetizers at our cocktail hour in the Meinders Terrace and front row reserved area seating for the concert as well as an individual motorized fan.
- Purchase VIP tickets HERE
Join us for a music filled night under the stars beginning at 7:30 p.m. on The Devon Lawn! The evening will kick off with Chase Kerby and the Villains, an Indie, Americana, Rock band based out of Oklahoma.
At 9 p.m. our headliner, Parker Millsap, will perform. At 25 years of age, Oklahoma native Parker Millsap is quickly making a name for himself with his captivating live performances, soulful sound and character-driven narratives. He’s had a string of highlights in recent years including his network television debut on Conan, a performance with Elton John at the Apple Music Festival in London, an Austin City Limits taping and an Americana Music Association nomination for Album of the Year. He has also received praise from The New York Times, The Boston Globe, LA Times, Austin Chronicle and Rolling Stone to name a few.
- Every Wednesday, 10am
- Meet at the Children’s Garden Porch
- Starting October 2 moves to the Crystal Bridge (suggested $2 donation)
- Best for ages 2 to 5
Bring your youngster for story time each Wednesday at 10am. Books are nature-themed and selected based on the season. We’ll begin with an interactive song and children will enjoy creating a small craft after the story. For groups of 10 or more please call Kodi Clifford at (405) 835-6789.
Join us the last Wednesday of the month for reading and craft time with the Metropolitan Downtown Library.
Gardens Walking Tour
- September 29, 10-11am
- Meet in the North Lobby and Walk the Garden Grounds
- Walkups Welcome
- Geared towards adults, children and leashed dogs always welcome
Expand your knowledge of Oklahoma plants and find inspiration for your own garden with our educational walking tours. Each month will feature different plants from our outdoor collection that make great choices for our region – from spring color to drought tolerant choices and more. Self-guided plant tour handouts are available in our north lobby.