Photo & Film Policy
We invite you to take photographs and video of the outdoor grounds and inside the Crystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory. We hope you will take a moment to familiarize yourself with our photo/video guidelines and policies. These policies are in place to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all visitors to the Myriad Botanical Gardens. The permit and fee are for inside the Crystal Bridge only. You do not need to fill out the permit for exterior photos!
Film Shoot/Videography Permit Application for Interior Shots Only
If you are planning to shoot footage on our outdoor grounds, a film/videography permit will need to be completed. Please contact our Event Manager, Rachel McMichael, at (405) 445-7092 for further explanation. Fees associated with these shoots are on a case by case basis. PLEASE NOTE: If you are taking family/senior, etc. portraits on the exterior grounds, you don’t need to fill out the permit. The permit is for large photoshoots or filming those block sidewalks and more that are intrusive to the visitors.
You are welcome to take photos inside the Crystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory. You must pay the regular admission fee into the bridge. You will only need to complete a photography permit if you will need access to a changing room if you’re photographing furniture or other items that could be in the way of other paying guests, if you are bringing in equipment larger than a few standard cameras and lighting equipment or if there are several attending the shoot as a part of your photography/film crew. If your shoot does fall into this category, you will need to complete the photography permit at our Guest Service desk. The cost is $25 per hour plus the cost of admission into the Crystal Bridge. If your shoot is larger than what we’ve listed, please contact our Event Manager prior to scheduling your shoot.
Here are some general rules when photographing inside the conservatory:
- Pathways must remain clear at all times, normal public traffic flow should not be disturbed and photo/film shoot should not in any way interfere with the Myriad Botanical Gardens normal operations.
- Photographers and models are not allowed in planted areas/beds or water features.
- No smoking is permitted in the Crystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory, dressing rooms, or restroom areas.
- Plants (indoor and outdoor) must not be bent, broken, turned, or repositioned. Plant labels or other signage must not be removed, turned, or altered. Any damage to plant materials, signs, or other Myriad Botanical Gardens property must be replaced within one week following the photography/film session at the expense of the permit holder.
- If electrical service is required, please notify MBG rental manager when reserving your permit so that appropriate power sources may be identified in advance.
- Limited dressing room space is available on a first-come, first-serve basis to those who obtain a photography permit.
We request copies of all published material depicting the Myriad Botanical Gardens and Crystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory. Photo credit lines should read:
MYRIAD BOTANICAL GARDENS, OKLAHOMA CITY, OK.
Images of the Crystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory or Myriad Botanical Gardens cannot be used for resale or commercial purposes without the prior written approval of the Myriad Gardens Foundation Executive Director.
All aspects of any photographs taken on the grounds of the Myriad Botanical Gardens (indoor or outdoor), including but not limited to clothing and props, should be appropriate for the general public and guests of all ages.
The Myriad Botanical Gardens reserves the right to cancel or terminate a shoot at any time, even if a permit has been obtained if the director or any of the attending crew members are not abiding by photo guidelines and Myriad Botanical Gardens policies.
Members of the media are welcome to take photos or videotape on the Myriad Botanical Gardens premises (including inside the Crystal Bridge) but must provide advanced notice to Leslie A. Spears, Director of Marketing and Communication by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.