Youth and Family
“Our kids love Miss Lily!”
“Ms. Lily is a great teacher! Very fun!”
“Great class! The girls loved it!”
“This class was so much fun! Our love for the birds –and for being good stewards of nature – was really elevated!” –Linda Collado
“The class was perfect! I liked that it was a small class with more than enough supplies. This will definitely be our new Christmas tradition. Thank you!” –LaMeisha Cheridor
“Lily was great! Well organized and fun.” -Brittnee
- Every Wednesday, at 10 am
- Visitor Center Lobby, Crystal Bridge
- Best for ages 2 to 5
Bring your toddler for storytime every Wednesday with Miss Georgia. Books are nature-themed and selected based on the season. We’ll begin with an interactive song and some weeks will include a small craft after the story. Best for ages 2-5. Siblings are always welcome!
The Great Backyard Bird Count
- Saturday, February 13, 10 – 11:30am
- The Garden Classroom and Garden Grounds
- Member $7; Nonmember $9
- Best for families
- Register by Tuesday, February 9 here
Count birds in the “backyard” of Myriad Botanical Gardens and join scientists and bird watchers all over the world for the annual Great Backyard Bird Count. We’ll learn how to identify common birds found in Oklahoma City, then head outside and start counting! We’ll end by recording our findings with the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. Each child will head home with resources for future birding adventures and their own bird counting journal.
In keeping with recommendations and requirements from city, county, and state officials regarding COVID-19:
- Pre-registration is required to attend as numbers will be limited.
- Masks are required including the instructor.
- All attendees must social distance in order to participate. While inside we will physically distance chairs for easy seating.