“I loved the hands on aspect and the interaction with the instructors.” -Elizabeth
“Very informative program!” –Rebecca Shiplett
“This class sparked my interest and I’ll definitely be back for more!” –Anna
“My daughter and I had so much fun doing this!” –Debbie Hamerski
“Very very well organized.” –Georgia Lamirand
Putting Your Garden to Bed
- Saturday, November 21, 2-3pm
- The Garden Classroom and Garden Grounds
- M $6; NM $8
- Kaitlin Bacon, Horticulturist and Children’s Garden Manager
- Register by Thursday, November 19
- REGISTER HERE
November is the time to prepare your garden for the colder winter months so it looks its best when spring returns. As we walk around the grounds, we’ll talk through what our horticulture staff are doing in the Gardens at this time and will discuss what is and isn’t getting cut back and why. We’ll also discuss adding mulch for cold protection, removing and composting annuals, and other best practices.
Guided Walking Tour
- Last Saturday of Every Month, 10-11 am
- Garden Grounds
- OCTOBER walk is sold out. NEXT: November 28
Expand your knowledge of Oklahoma plants and find inspiration for your own garden with an educational walking tour. Each month will feature different plants from our outdoor collection that make great choices for this region – from year-round color to drought-tolerant choices and more. Self-guided plant tour handouts are available in our north lobby.
In keeping with recommendations and requirements from city, county, and state officials regarding COVID-19:
- Pre-registration is required to attend as numbers will be limited.
- Masks are required including the instructor.
- All attendees must social distance in order to participate. While inside we will physically distance chairs for easy seating.