“I loved the hands on aspect and the interaction with the instructors.” -Elizabeth
“Very informative program!” –Rebecca Shiplett
“This class sparked my interest and I’ll definitely be back for more!” –Anna
“My daughter and I had so much fun doing this!” –Debbie Hamerski
“Very very well organized.” –Georgia Lamirand
Creating a Monarch Waystation
- Tuesday, August 11, 6-7 pm
- The Garden Classroom and Oklahoma Prairie Garden
- Member $14; Nonmember $19
- Peggy Turner, Oklahoma County Master Gardener
- Register by Friday, August 7
- REGISTER HERE
Monarch Waystations are garden habitats specifically designed to provide the resources necessary for monarchs to produce successive generations and sustain their migration as they travel south in the winter and north in the spring. Learn how to build your own waystation from the ground up, including planning and design, sourcing host and nectar plants, garden maintenance, and certification.
Intermediate Photography Workshop
- Saturday, August 29, 10 am-Noon
- The Garden Classroom & Meinders Garden
- Member $18; Nonmember $24
- Doug Hoke, Director of Photography, The Oklahoman
- Register by Tuesday, August 4
- REGISTER HERE
Take your photography skills to the next level. Begin with a group instructional session, and then stroll through our Meinders Garden to capture individual snapshots. The program will conclude with a group reflection, which includes comparisons and critiques aimed at enhancing your talents.
In keeping with recommendations and requirements from city, county, and state officials regarding COVID-19:
- Pre-registration is required to attend as numbers will be limited.
- We must wear a mask.
- All attendees must social distance in order to participate. While inside we will physically distance chairs for easy seating.
- The guide will be wearing a mask and a microphone, when appropriate, so everyone can hear them.