Guided Walking Tour
- Saturday, June 26 – Pre-registration will no longer be required
- Last Saturday of each month, 10-11 am
- Garden Grounds, meet in the south lobby
Expand your knowledge of Oklahoma plants and find inspiration for your own garden with an educational walking tour. Each month will feature different plants from our outdoor collection that make great choices for this region – from year-round color to drought-tolerant choices and more. Self-guided plant tour handouts are available in our north lobby.
Carnivorous Plants 101
- Saturday, June 12, 2-3pm
- M $18; NM $22
- Instructors: Alex Wedel and Brad Fowler, Myriad Gardens Horticulturists
- REGISTER HERE
This program will discuss what makes a carnivorous plant a carnivorous plant, the most common types and all the tips and tricks you need to grow your own, including soil health and watering. Each participant will head home with their own carnivorous plant to get started.
Foraged Floral Arrangement
- Saturday, June 26, 10am-Noon
- The Garden Classroom or Terrace Room and Garden Grounds
- M $45 per session; NM $50 per session
- Kaitlin Bacon, Children’s Garden Manager
- REGISTER HERE
Learn how to create your own floral arrangement using seasonal flowers and foliage collected from the garden grounds. We’ll begin with a basic introduction on floral design, go over the already collected materials available, and then head outside to collect a few items together. The class ends with creating arrangements to take home, as well as discussing tips for foraging in your own yard and ways to prolong the life of your arrangements.
- Pre-registration is required to attend as numbers will be limited.
- Masks are required including the instructor.
- All attendees must social distance themselves in order to participate. While inside we will physically distance chairs for easy seating.