- July 6–August 12, Monday–Wednesday, 10 am-Noon
- Children’s Garden Porch
- Drop-in activities; $2 suggested donation per child
Come to the Children’s Garden for some fun activities that explore the world of plants.
- Make-It Mondays Children will “make and take” something home using a variety of natural and human-made craft materials.
- Plant-astic Tuesdays Learn about what plants are blooming that week in the Children’s Garden. Then go on a hunt to find that plant yourself!
- Reading Wednesdays It’s that time of year when Reading Wednesdays move back outside. We’ll be reading nature-inspired books that connect children with what is growing and changing in the Garden each week.
Botanical Balance Free Yoga
- Tuesdays 6 pm and Saturdays 9 am
- Instructors provided by YMCA
- Recommended for ages 16 & up
- Bring mat and water
Practicing yoga in the Gardens has the added benefit of connecting you with nature. Classes are open to all levels, whether you are a beginner or an experienced yogi. The Gardens offer a space of beauty and tranquility to help relieve stress and quiet your mind. Bring your mat and water.
Guided Walking Tour
- Saturday, July 25, 10 am
- Last Saturday of every month
- Meet in the south lobby, walk the Garden Grounds
Expand your knowledge of Oklahoma plants and find inspiration for your own garden with our educational walking tours. Each month will feature different plants from our outdoor collection that make great choices for our region – from year-round color to drought-tolerant choices and more. Self-guided plant tour handouts are available in our north lobby.
Fall Beginner Gardener
- Saturday, July 25, 1pm
- The Garden Classroom
- Member $4; Nonmember $9
- Debbie St. John, Canadian County OSU Extension Master Gardener
- Register by Tuesday, July 21
- REGISTRATION CLOSED
Wondering how to begin your gardening adventure? Let us help by setting you on the correct path with this introductory tutorial. Learn the bedrock essentials in choosing the right location, testing and sustaining soil health, and selecting the most suitable cool-season vegetable and flower varieties. Also, learn proper plant care and maintenance. This class will serve as a wonderful refresher for any level of gardener.