#FullMoonOKC Bike Ride
Presented by OU Health
- Wednesday, October 20, leaves at 7pm
- Meet at the Seasonal Plaza on the east side of the Gardens, off Ron Norick Blvd. (Robinson)
- Suggested $5 per person donation
- Route announced that night at the meetup by race coordinator Steve Schlegel
- This is a non-competitive, leisure ride under the full moon in downtown
- SAVE TIME! Fill out your wavier in advance here.
Bring your bike for a one-hour, 6-to 8-mile leisurely ride through the downtown Oklahoma City area under the light of the full moon. Meet up at the bandshell stage on the Devon Lawn. Route announced that night at the meetup by race coordinator Steve Schlegel.
It’s free however the Myriad Gardens asks for a $5 donation, which goes towards the nonprofit foundation that runs the Gardens.
Routes are specially planned by bicycle enthusiast Steve Schlegel from Schlegel’s Home Inspections.
Don’t have a bike? Bike Rental Options:
- Rent a bike from Spokies. Cost for the 3-hour pass is only $4.50 with the promo code, “FullMoon21” here.
- Ride OKC Bike Tours offers family friendly bike rentals including helmets and blinky lights. Space is limited, reserve in advance and receive the discounted $10 price by entering promo code “THRILLER” here.
Please be aware of the OKC Streetcar Rails
We ask that participants in the Full Moon Bike Rides be aware of the OKC Streetcar rails. While the routes are geared away from the rides’ routes, if you park and ride to the Full Moon Rides please know in advance where the rails are located.
Bicycle Riders Safety
- Plan your trip ahead of time to avoid streetcar tracks when possible.
- To avoid getting slender bike tires stuck in tracks, turn across at a 90-degree angle.
- Don’t lean into turns when crossing tracks.
- Cross a curved track at a 60-to-90-degree angle.
- Change lanes next to the track at a 60-to-90-degree angle.
- Helmets and protective gear are strongly recommended when riding.
- Always be predictable.
- Ride defensively.
- Follow signs, signals and road markings.
- Know your limitations – use streets and routes that are suited to your individual skills.
As a venue supporting health and wellness, Myriad Botanical Gardens strongly urges all visitors are vaccinated for their health and health of our community.Vaccinations are free and to find a location near you, visit VaxOKC.The Gardens has ample room for all to maintain social distance at all times in all areas.When social distancing is not possible, please wear a mask.