There’s a super full moon happening! Unfortunately, we are not able to host the first Full Moon Bike Ride and Run of the year but Steve Schlegel has created two great routes that you and your family can take on your own leisure. Thanks to our Full Moon Bike Ride and Run sponsors OU Medicine and Floyd’s RV!
Here are the routes provided by Steve Schlegel formerly Schlegel Bicycles, now Schlegel Inspections (residential inspection services)
OKC North River Trail
Get the map here!
- Parking available just south of the Bass Pro near the Landrun monument in Bricktown or Boathouse District.
- This route is great for those strong south wind days as it is mostly east-west. Route on map is just shy of 10 miles but can be easily modified since it’s an out and back route. West end turnaround point is the large circle (not on map) just east of I-44. Turn right and go counter-clockwise around the circle then return.
- Those looking for a longer ride can continue west on River Trail. Exit trail right just before Portland (just after passing OKC Police Equine building), cross river heading south using the sidewalk on the east side of the Portland bridge, Turn Left on the sidewalk at SW 15th Street; left turn into the parking area. Look for the trailhead on west end of the parking lot. This trail will continue west to Meridian Avenue. At this point continue by heading north on Meridian Bike/Ped Bridge, corkscrew turn to right just after crossing to the north. Continue west to Council Road. Currently Trail is closed beyond this point due to repairs. This round trip is 26 miles.
Here’s another option for Edmond/Lake Arcadia Spring Creek Trail
Get the map here
- Free Parking available at Integris Health complex east side access road of I-35 between E15th and 2nd Street Edmond. Additional parking at the east end of the trail at Midwest Boulevard and East 15th Street just prior to entering the Lake Arcadia Spring Creek Park area. Trail use is free of charge.
- Best 3 Miles of Multi-use Trail in the OKC metro area. This is a wide trail with some rolling hills, wildlife and lake views. It has segregated walk and bike lanes make it a safe place for all trail users. Out and back is a total of 6 miles. You can also venture west under the I-35 Bridge, to Fox Lake Trail which goes behind Sam’s Club and Walmart. The trail continues South along the access road to Mercy Health complex.