Journey into the wonderful land of imagination and mischief at the Myriad Gardens’ annual Children’s Garden Festival, Friday, June 7 to Sunday, June 16, 2019, 10am-5pm daily. The Children’s Garden is transformed into a world of Wild Things as we celebrate the 50th year of one of America’s most beloved children’s books. Enjoy crafts, activities and imaginative displays that will capture the essence of all things “Wild.”
Cost is $8 per person, includes a free ride on Mo’s Carousel. Ages 2 and under are free. Gardens’ members are free and get to skip the line! Become a member today.
Sponsored by Devon Energy, E.L. and Thelma Gaylord Foundation, Tinker Federal Credit Union, Express Employment International, and Goldfish Swim School.
“There are no ideas too wild and no dreams too big.”
Children’s Garden Festival: Sensory Night sponsored by Sprouts
- Friday, June 14, 6-7:30 pm
- Children’s Garden
- $10 per member participant, adults FREE
- $12 per non-member per participant, adults FREE
- REGISTER HERE
An event for families with children with special needs, join us inside the Children’s Garden for Where the Wild Things Are Sensory Night. This event provides a more controlled and welcoming environment to experience our Children’s Garden Festival. No loud music and smaller crowds. We will have festive booths, crafts, and activities for everyone to enjoy.
- Story Time, 11-11:30 am
- Join the Wild Rumpus, 1 pm
- A different craft each day
- Face Painting, ranging from $5 to $10
- Create your wild animal mask designed by artist Patrick Riley, $6
- Wiggly Wolf Kid’s Yoga, Monday, June 10, 2-3 pm
- Bring mat and dress as your favorite woodland creature or animal
- Patrick Riley Mask Making Demonstration, Wednesday, June 12, 2-3 pm
- Wild Hair with Paul Mitchell Hair Salon, Thursday, June 13 11 am-1 pm
- Wild Dad Day Sunday, June 16, Dad’s get in FREE
EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCES (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
- Where the Wildlife Are, Saturday, June 8, 11 am–12 pm
- The Books of Maurice Sendak, Tuesday, June 11, 2–3 pm
- Super Silly Monster Fun, Thursday, June 13, 2–3 pm
- Wild Plants, Friday, June 14, 1–2 pm
WE NEED 500 VOLUNTEERS! Will you help?
This year’s Children’s Garden Festival is around the corner and we need your help! June 7-16th volunteers will assist guests at the entry gate as they step into the world of Where the Wild Things Are, help with games, play with kiddos at the sensory bins, help kids with free and paid crafts, and more. It takes more than 350 volunteers to make this event happen. Weekends are particularly busy and we need a lot of extra hands to keep things running smoothly. Please consider volunteering and bringing your family, friends or coworkers to volunteer with us. Sign-up will be available soon. Email email@example.com
Download the volunteer application here.