The Myriad Botanical Gardens would love to have you volunteer for our special events throughout the year. With a huge variety of events including Children’s Garden Festival, Pumpkinville, Bug Out!, Full Moon Bike Ride, Merry and Bright, Adventure Week, Gardening School and others, we have something for everyone. Volunteers interact with adults and children in a number of ways including helping with crafts, greeting guests, reading to children and more.
This page is updated seasonally.
Join us for our sixth annual Pumpkinville, in the Children’s Garden from October 6-22! Pumpkinville is a fall festival requiring over 16,000 pumpkins and more than 600 volunteers. Guests enjoy crafts, activities and imaginative displays that get you in the spirit of the season. Each weekend families can enjoy activities and entertainment. Volunteers are needed for the duration of the festival, festival setup, and special festival event nights.
- Leading up to Pumpkinville we need assistance with pumpkin truck unloading, organizing of pumpkins, and unloading/setup of hay bales.
- Setup days are Sept, 26, 27, and 29.
General Volunteer Shifts
- Each day of the festival is split into three 2.5-3 hr shifts. Volunteers will be working the entry gate, helping kids with Paint-A-Pumpkin, patrolling the Children’s Garden to help keep it tidy, assisting with reading times and scheduled classes, helping with free crafts and more.
- 9:30am – 12:30pm
- 12:15 – 2:45pm
- 2:30 – 5:30pm
Pumpkinville Sensory Night
- This is a wonderful night of Pumpkinville specifically dedicated to children who are neurodiverse or have special physical needs. It will be held after the general festival hours on October 13. 10 Volunteers Needed
Spooky Pooch Parade
- The afternoon of October 22 is dedicated to our canine friends. Guests will bring their pups in costume and parade them around for the costume contest. Volunteers will be assisting with registration and dog costume contest. This event has the potential to grow and therefore the time is subject to change. 10 Volunteers Needed
- October 21 from 6-8pm is the Pumpkinville Halloween Party. Volunteers will be handing out pizza and candy, and assisting with games and activities. Volunteers should wear a fun Halloween Costume appropriate for all ages. 20 Volunteers Needed
For more information contact Megan Brown, email@example.com
We want to thank our current Corporate Volunteer Partners for taking on at least one full day of volunteer shifts each!
- Enable Midstream
- Weokie Credit Union
- OU Phi Delta Alpha
- Bank of Oklahoma
- Farmers Insurance