The Myriad Botanical Gardens will be the place to be to celebrate the longest day of the year and to officially welcome summer 2018. We have so much in store you won’t believe it all! Yoga, food, crafts – make flower crowns, butterfly wings, face painting, contribute to the community mandala, take hula hoop lessons or an Infused Waters Workshop, participate in the Full Moon run or ride and so much more! See the details below:
Summer Solstice Celebration
- Thursday, June 21, 7:30-10pm
- Great Lawn and Band Shell
- The event is FREE
- $8 to create a flower crown; $3/$4 lavender cookies; $4 pint of blackberries
Celebrate the longest day of the year and onset of summer in the Gardens.
Choose from a variety of activities including
- FREE yoga with This Land Yoga at 7:30 p.m.
- Full Moon Bike Ride and Run with Schlegel Bicycles at 8:30 p.m. and OK Runner at 8 p.m.
- Make flower crowns with New Leaf Florist
- Contribute to a community mandala with local artist Zepyhr Andrews
- Listen to acoustic guitar performance by Aaron Newman.
- Children’s activities include making butterfly wings for $3; or create a FREE coffee filter sun catcher fortune teller.
- Kaleidoscope Arts and Moonflower Face and Body Art will be there for summer face painting ($5-$10)
- We invite all to participate in a weaving loom.
Enjoy yummy treats from our onsite food vendors including
- McAlister’s Deli: FREE tea to the first 200 guests
- Green Goodies: Lavender cookies ($3) and lavender cupcakes ($4)
- A pint of blackberries from Agape House Berry Farm ($4)
- Pitchfork in the Park boxed dinner including Farm House Salad, choice of Coop Beer, Water/Tea and a Lavender Popsicle ($12).
- Food vendors: Kona Ice, Midway Deli, Let’s Do Greek and Bambu.
- BlueJ’s Happy Wagon will be there serving Beer, Beer Cocktails and Beer Floats.
Activities to register for!
Hula Hoop Class in the Gardens
- Thursday June 21, 7–7:30pm & 8-8:30pm
- Devon Lawn and Band Shell
- Members $10/Nonmembers $12
- REGISTER HERE FOR 7PM
- REGISTER HERE FOR 8PM
Join Chelsea Ryan from Hooplahoma in a 30 minute Hula Hoop class. All ages welcome!
Infused Waters Workshop with Lori Coats
- Thursday June 21, 7:30–8:30pm
- Great Lawn during the Summer Solstice event
- Members $8/Nonmembers $10
- REGISTER HERE
We all know that summers in Oklahoma, can get pretty warm and that drinking water is the best thing for our bodies. However, with so many people addicted to sodas, plain water just isn’t too appealing. Come join Lori Coats, of My Raggedy Herbs, to learn new ways to improve the taste and nutritional value of your water by adding fresh fruits, berries and herbs. No more reaching for boring water. It won’t take long and you, too will know how to make hydration fun!
Full Moon Bike Ride and Run
- Sponsored by OK Runner, Schlegel Bicycles, Ride OKC and Athelta
- June 21, Run leaves at 8pm. Ride at 8:30pm
- Meet at the Band Shell at the Devon Lawn
$5 per person to participate, get entered in a drawing to win prizes
- Pay in advance here.
Fill out your liability waiver in advance here
Runners and cyclists, take your mark! It’s time to for the Gardens’ much-loved annual Full Moon Bike and Run. Join other runners in a 5K, led by OK Runner, through the scenic downtown area as the sun sets. Bring your bike and meet up for a leisurely one-hour ride. Downtown-area routes are specifically planned by Schlegel Bicycles. Don’t have a bike? Use Spokies Bike Share. Ride OKC have their trailer onsite for people of all ages to rent bikes. Lights and helmet are required to participate.
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Directed by Lance Marsh
- Thursday, June 21, 8pm
- For ticket information on cost and purchase visit here.
In Shakespeare’s most popular comedy, two couples deal with love and all its complications – confusion, jealousy, and passion. Hermia loves Lysander and Helena loves Demetrius – but Demetrius is supposed to be marrying Hermia. When the Duke of Athens tries to enforce the marriage, the lovers take refuge in the woods and wander into a dispute between the king and queen of the fairies. In Shakespeare’s family-friendly comedy, anything is possible when young lovers – human and fairy royalty – and an amateur theater troupe reel through romance and spell craft in a moonlit Athenian forest.