ATTENTION! Do you have crafting, painting or sewing skills? Do you want to get involved planning a fun children’s festival? Then we may have a place for you at the Gardens!
We are looking for creative and driven individuals to help our staff transform the Children’s Garden into a 9-day outdoor festival and fundraiser for the Myriad Botanical Gardens called The Very Hungry Caterpillar inspired by Eric Carle’s book The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
Volunteers for these committees will get to give their input in the transformation of our Children’s Garden for this event running June 3 to June 11. You will get hands-on experience with the Myriad Gardens staff and get to work behind the scenes to help execute a major festival that normally sees over 8,000 visitors.
We need your service on three of the following committees. Fill out the application that best fits you and email it to the contact listed on the application by Monday, April 3.
- Décor: help the event staff transform the Children’s Garden with colorful and imaginative displays that bring The Very Hungry Caterpillar to life for our guests.
- Community Art: local schools and community artists helped create flags to decorate our Jungle Book festival last year—help our staff come up with a new project for The Very Hungry Caterpillar and engage your local schools and community artists.
- Volunteer: we need over 400 volunteers to help make this 9 day festival happen. Help our volunteer coordinator recruit new faces for the Gardens!
*Must be able to commit to 3 out of the 4 meeting dates, and give 5 hours of service beyond the meeting times.
- Children’s Garden Festival Community Art Commitee Application
- Children’s Garden Festival Decor Commitee Application
- Children’s Garden Festival Volunteer Commitee Application