Devon Ice Rink
- Open 7 days a week through January 31 located on the east side of the Gardens
- Gardens Members skate for $7
- Nonmember pricing is $12 including skates
- $8 with your own skates
- Group Rate (10 or more guests) is $8 includes skates.
- Advanced reservation required for groups.
- Call (405) 708-6499 to make a reservation or for more information.
It’s back and more fun than ever! It wouldn’t be winter without the Devon Ice Rink at the Gardens. Bundle up, grab your friends and family and enjoy a great day of fresh air and skating in the prettiest spot in town. Join us for Rock N Skate Nights from 6-9pm each Friday during skating season. We’ll provide the DJ and tunes, you bring your best moves!
- Mon. – Thurs. 3-9pm
- Fri. 3-11pm with Rock ‘n’ Skate nights, 6-9pm
- Sat. 11am – 11 pm
- Sun. 11am – 7pm
Special December holiday hours:
- December 16 to December 23 11 a.m.-11 p.m. (SCHOOL BREAK)
- Thursday, December 24 11 a.m.-6 p.m. (CHRISTMAS EVE)
- Friday, December 25 12 p.m.-6 p.m. (CHRISTMAS)
Crystal Bridge Poinsettia Extravaganza!
- November 25-January 4
- Admission: $8 adults, $7 seniors & students
- FREE for children 4 & Under & Gardens members
- FREE admission during Saturdays with Santa, December 5, 12, 19, 9am-5pm
- FREE admission Merry & Bright FREE Admission Sundays presented by OG&E, Sundays, 6 – 9pm December 6, 13, 20, 27
The Crystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory will offer a stunning visual to it’s vistors with more than 800 potted and planted poinsettia with the 27 varieties including the annual poinsettia tree that stands at 10’ tall! Ever since the poinsettia became a Christmas tradition, poinsettia growers have been trying to make new and better varieties through selective breeding. Visitors can vote on their favorite. From Jubilee White to Polar Bear, Candlelight White, Jubilee Pink, Princettia Pink to Visions of Grandeur and Christmas Feelings and more, we horticulture team will help educate on the 27 varieties that’s available.
Winter Shoppes presented by Prodigal
- Thursdays-Sundays, November 27 – December 20
- North Plaza by Great Lawn
- Open Thursday – Sunday, 11am – 6pm
- Carousel, $1 per ride
Prodigal’s Winter Shoppes at Myriad Gardens opens to shoppers on Friday, Nov. 27 at Myriad Botanical Gardens in downtown Oklahoma City. Now in its third year, this “crystal village,” bursting with locally-owned boutiques, offers curated gifts for everyone on your list from some of the metros most respected retailers specializing in food, fashion, books, jewelry, home, beauty and wellness. The 2015 Winter Shoppes roster includes: Anabelle’s, Calamity Jane’s, Coco Flow, Exhibit C, Full Circle, Gil’s, Gretta Sloane, Gypsy Sol/Beyond Alley, Learning Tree, Live Boho,Madeline’s, Mel’s Closet, Perch’d, Savvy, Scissortail, Stella &Dot, Sweets & Spurs, Therapy, Udander and Uptown Kids.
Yoga in the Gardens
- Tuesdays in December, 5:45pm
- Late arrivals not accepted after 5:50pm
- Inside the Crystal Bridge
- FREE M/$10 NM
- Must be 16 & older
This is a great, all-levels Vinyasa-style class led by Alexis Persico, who has a loyal following at the Gardens and This Land Yoga. Class participants should bring a yoga mat and water. We’ll meet under the Pavilion as weather permits; when it doesn’t we will meet inside the Crystal Bridge. Drop in for a session or two or enjoy the entire series!
Bringing Books to Life
- Wednesdays in December 2, 9 & 16, 10 – 10:30am
- Crystal Bridge South Lobby
- Best for ages 2-5
Bring your youngster for story time each Wednesday at 10am. Books are nature-themed and selected based on the season. Stick around for December Drop-Ins at 10:30 to create a holiday-inspired craft.
NOTE: No program on December 23 or 30.
Holiday Series: December Drop-Ins
- Wednesday December 2, 9 and 16, 10:30 — 11:30 am
- Crystal Bridge South Lobby
- FREE Suggested $2 donation/child
- Best for ages 2-5
- Groups of 10 or more contact Dr. Ann Fleener at 405-445-7094
After Bringing Books to Life at 10am, stay for holiday crafts, music, and hot chocolate! Children will make ornaments to take home for tree decoration or gifts. We’ll use natural items like twigs, dried seeds, fruits, acorns, evergreen cuttings, pinecones and craft decorations.
Devon’s Saturdays with Santa
- Saturdays, Dec. 5; 12; 19, 9 am – 5 pm
- Crystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory
The Gardens has partnered with Devon Energy to make this year’s holiday season even brighter! Devon’s Saturdays with Santa expands into the Gardens, where families can enjoy free admission to the Crystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory, crafts, performances and treats each Saturdays in December. Holiday decorations, floral arrangements and festive gingerbread house displays will adorn the Crystal Bridge, while the outdoor Meinders Terrace will be decked with boughs of holly and greenery, making for a fa-la-la-lovely backdrop for family photos. While you’re here, be sure to visit the Devon Ice Rink and our other holiday attractions!
Merry & Bright FREE Admission Sundays presented by OG&E
- Sundays, 6 – 9pm December 6, 13, 20, 27
- Crystal Bridge
The beauty of the Crystal Bridge takes on a whole new glow at night. Thanks to our friends at OGE Energy Corp., we are pleased to offer FREE admission on Sunday evenings in December to the Crystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory. Come enjoy charming holiday light displays and beautiful plant exhibits designed especially for the holiday season. It will be cold outside, but you will think it’s Christmas in July in the balmy warmth of the tropics.
Myriad Gardens Fine Art Series presents Selections from In Your Eye Gallery
- Exhibit run: December 3, 2015 – January 2, 2016
- South Lobby, Crystal Bridge
- FREE Public Reception is Thursday, December 4, 5-7 p.m.
Nestled in the heart of the historic Paseo arts district, In Your Eye Studio & Gallery is home to a small, distinctive group of artists. Creating art in bold, diverse styles, they exhibit a striking array of two- or three-dimension pieces. The media they use are as diverse as their styles and includes: acrylic, oil, photography, glass, fiber, mixed media, wood, ceramic, jewelry and basketry. Artists include Caroline Cohenour, Sue Hale, Carl Shortt, Jr., Jon Clarke, Andrea Kissinger, Rita Ortloff, Theresa Hurt and Jean Keil.
Hand-craft Your Own Christmas Gifts
- Saturday, December 12, 1 – 3pm
- Terrace Room; Monica Arndt, Herbalist and Owner of Sky Ridge Farms
- $15 M/$18 NM
- Register by Tuesday, December 8
Create a therapeutic holiday gift basket for your favorite host, or perhaps for yourself after a company-filled house! Join Monica as she discusses healing herbs and walk us through creating a sleep pillow, bath bomb, and calming herbal tea blend.
Learn to Skate
- Monday, December 14 and Monday, December 21
- 7 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. Sessions
- Devon Ice Rink
- Members $40 Nonmembers $45
Led by Arctic Edge Ice Arena and Blazers Ice Centre professional staff. Class includes two 25 minute small group sessions, skate rental if needed and a session ticket to practice on the Devon Ice Rink from 8 p.m.-9 p.m. on the evening of the participants lesson. Utilizing their finest coaches in the Oklahoma City community, the instruction will be well orchestrated and a sound foundation of skill set that introduces the general public to the basics of US Figure Skating and/or USA Hockey.
Members Only Skating and Santa Party
- December 18, 6-8pm
- Devon Ice Rink
- No reservations required
- Free for members
- Regular ice skating rates apply: $7 for members, which includes skate rental
Come and enjoy a *MEMBERS ONLY Skating and Santa Party. The VIP area will serve warm refreshments, snacks, and good company at the Devon Ice Rink. This is your exclusive chance to take pictures with Santa Claus and tell him about your holiday wishes. Then enjoy your free skate rental member pricing for the Devon Ice Rink. Maybe we will see Santa skate!
*Admission is available for current members only. Family memberships for 8 and individual/dual memberships for 2. Renew or purchase your membership today!
Art Camp in the Gardens
- Friday, December 18, 9am – 4pm
- Terrace Room
- Abrakadoodle Art Educators
- $25 M/ $30 NM
- Best for ages 6-10
- Register by Monday, December 14
Kids will have a blast kicking off their winter break with a day filled with art lessons, games, stories, and FUN with the pros from Abrakadoodle OKC. They’ll use tempera, watercolors and model magic as they learn different painting techniques and develop their unique creations. Bring a sack lunch.
Myriad Botanical Gardens Walking Tour
- Saturday, December 26, 10am (last Saturday of each month)
- Meet in South Lobby
- Walkups Welcome
Join us for the Myriad Gardens Walking Tour program. The tours, “Plants for Color” or “Plants for Water Conservation,” will highlight plants in each season around the Gardens. Enjoy guided tours that will meet in the south lobby at 10am the last Saturday of each month or pick up a self-guided tour handout in our south lobby. Thank you to the Oklahoma City Community Foundation’s Parks & Public Space Initiative for making this possible!
– See more at: http://oklahomacitybotanicalgardens.com/plan-your-visit/seasonal-activities/monthly-activities/#sthash.yEngYJja.dpuf