#OptOutside Oklahoma sponsored by Fowler
- Sunday, April 22, Noon-5pm
- Great Lawn Band Shell and Sheridan Lawn
Our Great Lawn is getting transformed into an urban campground! Get the map.
#OptOutside Oklahoma, presented by Fowler Toyota, will inspire you to get outside, breathe in some fresh air and reconnect with Mother Nature and all her splendor. This event on Sunday, April 22 from noon to 5 p.m. on the Great Lawn and Band Shell is designed to help people take a break from the high-tech world and rediscover the great outdoors by featuring some of the best options for camping and RV life.
Visitors on Sunday will get to explore new and vintage trailers and airstreams on the Great Lawn, where outdoor life vignettes will include tents, chairs, cooking gear and bikes to bring along on your journeys. Water sports enthusiasts will enjoy the paddle boarding demonstration on the lake.
Bike lessons, SUP Yoga demonstrations, compass reading techniques and a fantastic group of vendors will bring outdoor living to the center of the city.
The #OptOutside movement was started by REI Co-Op last year as a way to encourage people to reconnect with each other and the outdoors over the holidays. It has since expanded to finding ways to enjoying the outdoors all year-round.
Here’s a rundown:
Workshops and scheduled programs for the day
- 12-2pm Wine and Palette “Life is Good”
- 1-1:30pm SUP Yoga demo with This Land Yoga and Flat Tide
- 1:30-2pm How to ride a bike with Spokies and Ride OKC
- 2-2:30pm How to train for a marathon with OK Runner
- 3:30-4pm How to ride a bike with Spokies and Ride OKC
On the North Plaza
- Fowler Toyota will have their decked out vintage Tacoma and new Tacoma to display side by side, as well as a kid’s campground for visitors to enjoy.
- Face Painting with Moonflower Face & Body Art
- Downtown Library
- Camp Fire Heart of Oklahoma
- OKC Beautiful
- Sierra Club
- Earth Rebirth
- Homma Camp Co.
- Land Run Alpacas
- Oklahoma Archeological
- OCU TriBeta
- Metz and Daughters
- Bass Pro Shop / Cabela’s
- Whole Foods Market
- Ride OKC
- Schlegel Bicycles
- This Land Yoga
- Flat tide
- OKC Boathouse Foundation
- OK Runner
- En Root Mobile Barbershop Co.- haircuts onsite
- This Land Yoga
- Flat Tide
- Healthy Hippo
- Let’s Do Greek
- Wicked Hangry
- Kona Ice