The Myriad Botanical Gardens offer learning opportunities for students of all ages. The primary purpose of these programs is to help kindle a sense of curiosity about the world that we live in. Classes and tours are interdisciplinary, hands-on, and support state and national standards. Below you will find a list of class descriptions offered for the 2013-2014 school year as well as guided tour information and tax exempt group rate costs (10+ students). The Myriad Botanical Gardens requests that there be one chaperone per ten students. Please contact (405) 445-7080 or email email@example.com
Rainforest Ecology Activity Program REAP
The Myriad Botanical Gardens’ Rainforest Ecology Activity Program (REAP) is designed to reinforce national science and state education standards. The program concentrates on specific themes in biology and ecology while employing a hands-on, inquiry-based approach. Classes are Tuesday and Thursday at 10:00 a.m. Class lasts approximately 90 minutes. Please schedule at least 14 days in advance. Children: $4.00 ea. Adults: $4.50 ea. (tax exempt group rate).
Crystal Bridge Guided Tour
Learn about the plant life in the Crystal Bridge by scheduling a docent-guided tour. Tours are available at 10am or 1pm, Monday through Friday. Pay regular admission and get a guided tour at no additional charge. Please schedule at least 14 days in advance. Tour lasts approximately 30 minutes. Children: Children: $2.50 ea. Adults: $4.50 ea. (tax exempt group rate).
Children’s Garden Guided Tour
Take a tour of the Children’s Garden to learn all about what’s growing. Then visit our discovery stations to build structures with natural materials, examine bugs and plants through a magnifying glass, and go on a scavenger hunt for pattern, line, color, and texture in nature. Tours of the children’s garden are Tuesday-Friday at 10:00 a.m. Tour lasts approximately 30 minutes. This tour is free of charge, however we ask that you schedule at least 14 days in advance.
For descriptions, cost and to register for a class, click the links!
- Explore Painting! - 12/10/2013 – 10:30 am – 11:30 am
- Reading Rainforest - 12/11/2013 – 10:00 am – 11:00 am
- Explore Painting! - 12/17/2013 – 10:30 am – 11:30 am
- Fairy and Hobbit Gardens - 12/18/2013 – 10:00 am
- Reading Rainforest - 12/18/2013 – 10:00 am – 11:00 am
- Pressed Flowers - 12/19/2013 – 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Gingerbread Houses - 12/20/2013 – 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Salad Bowls for Little Sprouts! - 01/04/2014 – 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- Bringing Books to Life - 01/08/2014 – 10:00 am – 11:00 am
- Bringing Books to Life Guest Reader: Senator David Holt - 01/15/2014 – 10:00 am – 11:00 am
- Bringing Books to Life - 01/22/2014 – 10:00 am – 11:00 am
- Bringing Books to Life - 01/29/2014 – 10:00 am – 11:00 am