“Excellent class, my kids LOVED it! Thank you!” –Renee Grau
Bringing Books to Life
- Wednesdays in May 25, 10 – 11am
- Crystal Bridge South Lobby
- Children’s Garden Porch
- Best for ages 2-5
- No preregistration required
Bring your youngster for story time each Wednesday at 10am. Books are nature-themed and selected based on the season. Children will also enjoy creating a small craft after the story. Groups of 10 or more call Lily Christman at 405-445-5162. *Note: Starting June 8, we’ll pair up with our Weekly Walkups to bring you Reading Wednesday’s from 10am to noon in the Children’s Garden.
- Saturday, June 4, 10am – Noon
- Terrace Room
- Members $8; Nonmembers $10
- Ages 6-10
- Register by Tuesday, May 31
Join us for this entertaining, informative and edible class as we make (and then eat!) goofy portraits all out of fruits and veggies. Together we’ll read a couple books, learn interesting facts about fruits and veggies and why they’re good for us. We’ll then play with our food to make silly faces and enjoy our creations as a snack.
Father’s Day 5K
- Sunday, June 19
- 7am 5K, 8am Fun Run
- Great Lawn and Band Shell
Members 5K: $25; Nonmembers 5K: $30
Members Fun Run: $20; Nonmembers Fun Run: $25
Kids – 12 & Under Fun Run: $20
Registration after June 5
Members 5K: $30; Nonmembers 5K: $35
Members Fun Run: $25; Nonmembers Fun Run: $30
Kids – 12 & under Fun Run: $25
Come celebrate Dad at the Myriad Gardens Father’s Day 5K and Fun Run. Run with your father or in honor of your father. Ultramax Sports Oklahoma will host and time the run. Awards will be given to the best Father/Son Duo, Father/Daughter Duo and the Biggest Support Group for your Father. All registrants will receive a finisher medal and a t-shirt. Refunds will not be given for this event.
- Friday, June 24, 1:30 – 3pm
- Terrace Room and Children’s Garden Porch
- Members $8; Nonmembers $10
- Best for Ages 6-10
- Register by Monday, June 20
In this class we’ll talk all about butterflies, not just how beautiful they are, but also how important and impressive their lives are. We’ll see butterflies up close, learn all about them with a fun game and make butterfly antennae and proboscis (that’s a butterflies tongue!) to wear home. Butterfly wings are encouraged.
International Mud Day
- Wednesday, June 29, 10am – Noon
- Pavilion Lawn and Thunder Fountain
- Mud Activities: Members $3; Nonmembers $5 OR
- Mud and Clay Activities: $10
- All ages welcome
- Register by Monday, June 27
Come experience the magnificence of MUD and you’ll see why playing in the dirt is proven to make you happier, healthier, and even smarter. We’ll make mud pies, mud fairy houses, and so mud more! You can even roll in the mud if the spirit moves you. House of Clay will be on site for some “make and takes” like pinch pots, mud medallions, seed bombs, and snails for your fairy house! A rinsing area will be available, but remember to wear your play clothes and shoes—and kids, don’t forget to bring your swimsuit for the Thunder Fountain!
Painting in the Gardens Series with Wine and Palette
- Saturday, June 11, 11am-1pm
- Pavilion Lawn or South Lobby of Crystal Bridge depending on weather
- Members $30, register by calling (405) 227-0230
- Nonmembers $35 register at wineandpalette.com/calendar.asp
Get in touch with your roots to create an Oklahoma Indian Blanket painting! Each participant will receive a 16” x 20” canvas to create a masterpiece that can be enjoyed for years to come.