Hot Chocolate Class, February 2017
- “Educational, hands on – Loved it!” –Aubrey G.
- “As always, great presentation! So happy and engaged with the kids! Awesome!” –Jim and Lorna Hudson
- “So fun!”
- “Our presenter was awesome!!! Engaging and was able to maintain great classroom boundaries while encouraging appropriate participation from the children!” –Joy C.’
- “Lily was great (as always)”
- “Lily ALWAYS does a great job!”
- “Lily has great enthusiasm and patience.” –Aubrey G.
- Every Wednesday, 10 – 11am
- Crystal Bridge South Lobby
- Best for ages 2-5
Bring your youngster for story time each Wednesday at 10am. Books are nature-themed and selected based on the season. Children will also enjoy creating a small craft after the story. For groups of 10 or more please call Kodi Clifford at 405-835-6789.
Family Yoga in the Gardens
- Wednesdays, 5:45pm
- No late arrivals after 5:50pm
- Meet in the South Lobby for check-in
- Members $5, Nonmembers $10
- Best for ages 5-10
Want to get keep your kids and yourself active during the winter months? Come to the Gardens each week for a fun family yoga course. Class participants should bring a yoga mat and water. This isn’t just for kids; this is for the ENTIRE family. Come, exercise and unwind from the day together. Classes will meet in the south lobby for check-in each week.
MARCH/APRIL CLASSES FOR CHILDREN
Saturday, March 25, 2 – 3pm
- Water Plaza Room
- Members $8; Nonmembers $10
- Best for ages 6-10
- Register by Tuesday, March 14
Come out and celebrate the start of spring with your family. We’ll learn about: bulb flowers that start off the season; dissect a bulb; and then each pot one up to take home. We’ll finish by creating a paper kite to go out and fly.
March 29 10:30 – 11:30am
Bringing Gardens to Life
- Terrace Room
- Members $2; Nonmembers $3
- Best for ages 2-5
- Last Wednesday of each month
Stick around after Reading Wednesdays for this fun indoor activity that brings gardens to life, even when it’s cold outside! We will make a nature-based, take-home craft that relates to the book, such as bird seed ornaments or handprint trees. For groups of 10 or more call Lily Christman at (405) 445-5162.
Saturday April 1 and 29, 10 – 11:30 a.m.
Meet the Gardener
- Children’s Garden
- Best for children but all ages welcome
- Walk-ups welcome
Join our Children’s Garden Manager Abby Curry anytime from 10 – 11:30 a.m. to get a behind-the-scenes look at what we do in the Children’s Garden. On April 1 help Abby turn the compost in our large bin and feed the worms in our vermicomposting bin. On April 29, check out our newly planted herbs and help Abby plant some herb containers.
Saturday, April 22, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Earth Day Adventure Walk
- South Lobby and Garden Grounds
- Members $3; Nonmembers $5
- Best for ages 5-9
- Tuesday, April 18
Join us on a nature walk adventure to celebrate Earth Day. Pat Hoerth, nature-lover and expert, will teach us how to use all of our senses. We’ll then gather seeds to make seed necklaces while we talk about the awesome properties of seeds that help them grow into plants. Parents will also get tips on engaging their child with nature for their future adventures.