Hot Chocolate Class, February 2017
- “Educational, hands on – Loved it!” –Aubrey G.
- “As always, great presentation! So happy and engaged with the kids! Awesome!” –Jim and Lorna Hudson
- “So fun!”
- “Our presenter was awesome!!! Engaging and was able to maintain great classroom boundaries while encouraging appropriate participation from the children!” –Joy C.’
- “Lily was great (as always)”
- “Lily ALWAYS does a great job!”
- “Lily has great enthusiasm and patience.” –Aubrey G.
Saturday, May 6, 10 – 11:30am
- Terrace Room and Garden Grounds
- Members $6; Nonmembers $8
- Best for ages 5 to 9
- Register by Tuesday, May 2
Join us for a morning of exploring the plants and creatures that live in our ponds and streams at Myriad Botanical Gardens. First, we’ll make pond viewers out of recycled material, and then we’ll put them to use as we get an up-close view of underwater wildlife and make observations of what we see in and around the water. We’ll end the class by creating and sharing colorful drawings of what we discovered outside.
Friday, May 12, 9am-5pm
National Public Gardens Day
- Buy-one-get-one free Crystal Bridge admission
National Public Gardens Day is a day to honor and draw attention to our nation’s public gardens. The Myriad Gardens joins hundreds of public gardens nationwide to bring national awareness to public gardens and the impact they have on their communities. The Myriad Gardens will offer 2-for-1 admission on this day! This annual tradition of celebrating public gardens historically takes place on the Friday preceding Mother’s Day weekend each year. The intent is to raise awareness of public gardens and the important role they play in their communities and on a global scale.
Saturday, May 13, 11am – 1pm
Drop-in Seed Bomb Making
- Children’s Garden
- $2 per person
- Best for ages 5 to 9, all ages welcome
As you walk among all the amazing booths at OKC Garden Fest, drop in to get creative and a little messy. We’ll walk kiddos (or adults!) through making their very own seed bomb to take home. We’ll also talk about all the awesome seeds in the mix – what they’ll grow into and offer to your garden.
Sunday, May 14, 11am-5pm
Mothers’ Day at the Crystal Bridge
- Crystal Bridge
- Moms get free admission
The Myriad Gardens will celebrate moms on Mother’s Day 2017. Moms get free admission.
May 27, 10am
Gardens Monthly Walking Tour
- South Lobby and Garden Grounds
- Walkups Welcome
- (Last Saturday of Every Month)
Join us to expand your Oklahoma plant knowledge and get great ideas for your yard. Each month changes as the plants grow through the seasons; in May we’ll highlight plants for water conservation. Can’t make it for the guided tour? Pick up a self-guided handout in our South Lobby.
Coming in June!
June 3-11, 10am-5pm
Children’s Garden Festival: The Hungry Caterpillar
- Children’s Garden
- FREE for Gardens members
- $6 nonmembers
- Free for children 2 & under
- For more information visit here
Join us in the Gardens as we take a journey through a caterpillar’s transformation into a beautiful butterfly. The Children’s Garden will transform into a colorful and magical place inspired by Eric Carle’s book The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Enjoy crafts, activities and imaginative displays that will capture the essence of one of the most beloved children’s stories.