“I was a school administrator and teacher for 20 years so I’m picky and I loved everything about this class!”
— Bobbi Cummins
Pumpkinville presented by OGE Energy Corporation
- October 9-25, 10am-5pm
- Closes early Saturday, October 24, 3pm for Halloween Party set-up
- Members FREE / Nonmembers $6 per child, $4 per adult
- Pumpkin Painting Activity $5 per pumpkin
Pumpkinville transforms our Children’s Garden into a pumpkin wonderland with 11,000 pumpkins, hundreds of brightly colored mums, corn stalks and creative, hand-made décor to celebrate the fall. Thank you to our sponsors: OGE Energy Corporation, Express Employment Professionals, Delta Dental, E.L. and Thelma Gaylord Foundation and Allied Arts.
Spooky Pooch Parade
- Friday, October 16, 6:30pm
- $10 per dog
- Pre-registration preferred for dogs
- Walk-up’s welcome if not sold out
- Great Lawn
- Sponsored by Bank of Oklahoma & Midtown Vets
Join us for our inaugural Spooky Pooch Parade on the Great Lawn. Enjoy spooky music from VooDoo Club and our parade of pooches. Judges will present prizes to the best dressed pooch!
Great Pumpkin Float
- Friday, October 16, 8pm
- Must pre-register- $5 suggested donation per entry
- Lower Lake
- All ages welcome
Join us for the first ever Great Pumpkin Float, which sets sail across the Crystal Bridge Lake at twilight!
Due to the limited number of floats and space, pre-carved pumpkins will only be accepted at the designated drop off locations between 3:30 and 5:15 pm or until the float reaches capacity. Members: pre-register before October 12 to secure your pumpkin’s spot on the float!
Great Pumpkin Float Guidelines:
- Pumpkins must be pre-carved with top
- Weight: approximately 8 pounds after carved; mini pumpkins will not be accepted
- Size: No bigger than the size of a soccer ball
- Decoration: No artificial materials, such as paint, glitter, marker, food dye, paper or plastic. This is to
- protect the ecological health of our lake should your pumpkin decide to go for a swim!
Visit here for Great Pumpkin Float guidelines.
The Spooky Full Moon Bike Ride and Run
- Tuesday, October 27
- Run – 6:30pm
- Ride – 7:30pm
- Meet at the Band Shell by the Great Lawn (just off Sheridan)
- Suggestion donation $5 per rider and runner
- All ages welcome
For the FINAL Full Moon fun, come ready to bike and/or run Since Halloween is just days away, celebrate by wearing your favorite costume! Ultramax Sports Oklahoma will be on site for FREE timed training runs. You’ll get your distance, time and pace results from Ultramax Sports Oklahoma. The run is supported by Red Coyote. For the bike ride, bring your bike and meet up for a leisurely hour’s ride. Downtown-area routes are specially planned by Schlegel Bicycles. We will gather at 7:30pm and head out once the moon shines bright. Don’t have a bike? Rent a Spokie! Lights and helmets are required.
Myriad Botanical Gardens Walking Tour
- Saturday, October 31, 10am (last Saturday of each month)
- Meet in South Lobby
- Walkups Welcome
Join us for the launch of our new Myriad Gardens Walking Tour program. The tours, “Plants for Color” or “Plants for Water Conservation,” will highlight plants in each season around the Gardens. Enjoy guided tours that will meet in the south lobby at 10am the last Saturday of each month or pick up a self-guided tour handout in our south lobby.
Thank you to the Oklahoma City Community Foundation’s Parks & Public Space Initiative for making this possible!
Yoga in the Gardens
- Tuesdays, 5:45pm
- Late arrivals not accepted after 5:50pm
- Inside the Crystal Bridge
- FREE M/$10 NM
- Must be 16 & older
This is a great, all-levels Vinyasa-style class led by Alexis Persico, who has a loyal following at the Gardens and This Land Yoga. Class participants should bring a yoga mat and water. We’ll meet under the Pavilion as weather permits; when it doesn’t we will meet inside the Crystal Bridge. Drop in for a session or two or enjoy the entire series!
Introducing our Prairie Garden!
- Friday, October 2, Noon – 1pm
- Crystal Bridge South Lobby and Prairie Garden
Join us for an introduction to our newly installed prairie garden. Casey Sharber, our Director of Horticulture, will discuss the process of planning and installing our prairie, prairie plant characteristics, and the benefits of prairies to pollinators.
Fabulous Fall Containers
- Saturday, October 10, 2 – 3:30pm
- Pavilion or Garden Room
- Elizabeth Richardson, Owner of Adorn
- Members $30 /Nonmembers $36
- Register by Tuesday, October 6
Create a container to celebrate the splendor of fall and adorn your landscape or tabletop. Elizabeth Richardson, container garden expert, will walk you through the planting steps as she discusses design and maintenance tips. You’ll then design and plant your own faux pumpkin container to enjoy all season.
Orchids in October
- Thursday, October 15, 11:30am
- Water Stage, Ceremony
- Terrace Room, Lunch
- Tickets are $75 and must be purchased in advance
The Board of Directors is pleased to announce James R. Morley as the 2015 recipient of the James R. Tolbert III Crystal Orchid Award. This annual award is a tribute to those individuals who significantly impact the beauty and success of the Myriad Botanical Gardens and Oklahoma City. This celebration will be held on Thursday, October 15, with registration commencing at 11:30 and the program beginning at noon on the Water Stage, followed by a luncheon in the McGee Education Center.
Garden Games hosted by the Avant Gardeners presented by Triple C Lighting
- Sunday, October 25, 3:30-6:30pm
- FREE for Avant Gardener Members
- $25 Non Avant Gardener Members
- Members begin registration Oct. 1
The Avant Gardener’s Garden Games is the best annual yard games event in OKC! Avant Gardener members attend for FREE! Mark your calendars for October 25 from 3:30-6:30pm on the Great Lawn for Garden Games. Registration opens October 1st.
Enjoy leisure games of crocket, ladder golf, and frisbee or participate in the Corn Hole tournament for your chance to win a great prize. Join the Myriad Gardens vibrant group of young professionals who are invested in improving Oklahoma City and who love the urban Oasis that is the Myriad Gardens as they host a Sunday Funday. Enjoy the musical magic of Born in November over a cold beer and a hot dog while you soak up the fall sun and play games with friends.
Find more information about purchasing a membership to the Avant Gardeners by visiting here