Forcing Paperwhites and Amaryllis for the Holidays
- Friday, November 17, 1-3pm & Wednesday, November 22, 10:30am-4:30pm
- Dr. Ann Fleener, Myriad Gardens Director of Education
- Crystal Bridge South Lobby
- Member $10, Nonmember $15; Children’s Mini Option $5
Learn how to force beautiful flowering bulbs just in time for the holidays. In this interactive walk-up you’ll learn about the long-blooming Paperwhite, which can bloom for up to six weeks and the show-stopping Amaryllis. We’ll discuss care tips and guide you through potting up your own bulbs to enjoy at home.
Thanksgiving Floral Workshop
- Monday, November 20, 6-7:30pm
- The Wild Mother, Floral Designers
- Terrace Room
- Wine Provided. Ages 21 & up.
- Member $75, Nonmember $85
- Register by Noon Wednesday, November 15
- REGISTER HERE
Create a gorgeous, natural 12-18” centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table this year that you can proudly declare is your creation. Join the creative pros of The Wild Mother, who have worked with amazing places such as West Elm, as they guide you through the steps of creating a centerpiece that’s sure to wow everyone at your table. A selection of cuttings gathered from our Prairie Garden will be available to add a harvest touch to your fresh flower arrangement.
Herbal Holiday Gifts
- Saturday, December 9, 2-4pm
- Water Plaza Room
- Monica Arndt, Herbalist
- Member $18; Nonmember $25
- Register by Tuesday, December 5
- REGISTER HERE
Join Herbalist, Monica Arndt, to create a kitchen gift basket for the holidays. Monica will provide you with recipes and then guide you through the steps of creating your own Herbs De Provence mix, a Rose Petal Jam and an 8” living Rosemary wreath. She’ll also discuss the benefits of each of these herbs and will provide great ideas for adding even more to your basket. You may even need to make two baskets, one for a friend and one for you!