April 15 is sure to be one of our busiest days of 2017 as we welcome hundreds of families, kids and dogs to the Gardens! We have a new event that will take place on the Thursday before, April 13. Our Easter Egg Hunts for children and the Doggy Easter Egg Hunt sell out pretty fast! Here’s a quick review:
Sensory Sensitive Easter Evening in the Crystal Bridge
- Thursday, April 13, 6-8 p.m.
- Crystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory
- Register by Wednesday, April 12 at noon—limited space available
- Members: $5 per participant, adults are FREE
- Nonmembers: $10 per participant, adults are FREE
Join us inside the Crystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory for an Easter Evening unlike any other. This is not an Easter Egg Hunt, but a fun-filled evening for families with children with special needs and typically developing siblings. We will have festive booths for children to visit and collect eggs. Don’t forget your Easter basket. The Easter bunny will have a designated spot for photos throughout the evening. Registered guests that need handicap accessible parking should contact Ashley Elkins for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Easter Egg Hunt
- Saturday, April 15, 2 flight times
- Children’s Garden
- Myriad Gardens Members pre-registration begins March 27. Become a member today!
- Members $5 per child, only one adult per child permitted inside the Children’s Garden-adults are FREE
- Nonmembers $10 per child, only one adult per child permitted inside the Children’s Garden-adults are FREE
- MUST PRE-REGISTER by Friday, April 14—limited space available
- Registration is open to MEMBERS only March 27 to April 2. Registration open to the public on April 3.
- For times and more about registration visit here.
If you’re an early bird join us for the 10 a.m. flight or if you and the kids like to sleep in, come later in the afternoon at 3 p.m. for our second flight. Each flight will have the same activities and operate the same way. A Children’s Garden of delight is awaiting kids who will enjoy egg hunts with prizes and visits from our very own Gardens Easter Bunny. A limited number of spots are available. Advance registration is required by Friday, April 14 at noon, while spots last—we normally sell out of this event quickly.
Painting in the Gardens: “Kids Bunny”
Saturday, April 15, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Pavilion Lawn or Terrace Room—weather dependent
Members $20 register by calling (405) 227-0230
Nonmembers $25 register online at www.wineandpalette.com
Join Wine and Palette at the Gardens to create a unique piece of art. We will paint a “Kids Bunny” on an 11-inch by 14-inch canvas. Participants can customize their painting with a name for their bunny or by adding other festive Easter elements.
Doggy Easter Egg Hunt
- Saturday, April 15, 1:30 p.m.
- Great Lawn and Bandshell
- Register by Friday, April 14—limited space available
- Members $5 per dog; Nonmembers: $10 per dog
- *Dogs must be leashed and have proof of current vaccinations
It’s back. Join us for the third annual Dog Easter Egg Hunt at the Gardens. Bring your leashed dog to the Great Lawn for a tail-wagging good time. When your dog touches one of the plastic eggs with their nose, into your basket it goes. When the time is up, open all your eggs. Some will have treats and some will have stickers. Turn the stickers in to get a prize for your pup.
Special thanks to